Senior Interior Designer
Location: Houston, Dallas, Austin
WHO WE ARE:
We are a high-energy and high-performing team comprised of passionate, strategic, and creative individuals. Our team members collaborate daily on projects that impact thousands of workers across the globe. Our work isn’t limited to a single desk or meeting room or even to a set discipline. Our unique culture encourages innovation and new approaches from all team members, and we reward our employees for their significant work.
Our workplace promotes employee development, mentorship, career growth, and work-life balance because we want our people to feel happier and healthier at the end of each day. We believe this is why PDR has been named for over 10 years! We are a strong team of architects, interior designers, workplace consultants, social scientists, artists, and problem solvers who come together to solve challenges for clients across the world.
WHAT WE DO:
PDR is the ultimate guide to navigating the evolution of how people engage and experience space. We see the multidimensional factors that impact how our clients operate and drive their businesses forward—looking far beyond a single design solution. Through our integrated Design + Architecture, Consulting, and Brand services, we create flexible and enduring solutions that continue to generate value over time.
Our approach comes from more than four decades of solving complex and novel challenges for organizations ranging from local startups to Fortune 100 companies. Human-centered and shaped by our design DNA, we walk alongside our clients to ensure every aspect of their project is addressed from strategy to space.
WHAT YOU’ll BE DOING:
As a Senior Designer at PDR, you must have experience in leading all aspects of the design process and strategy to advise our clients and ensure success in every aspect of their project – from strategy to space. You should have experience in all phases of design projects, including but not limited to – programming, space planning, material selections, and specifications, architectural detailing, construction documents, furniture selection and specification, and construction administration. To succeed in this role, you should demonstrate creativity, problem-solving abilities, and self-confidence in resolving and presenting design solutions and strategies to the project team and the client. You will also be expected lead collaborative project teams to design spaces that augment organizational goals and inspire the people inside of the spaces to thrive. You must be a servant leader who is always looking for the opportunity to foster, develop, and mentor the next generation of designers at PDR. You will also work with other designers at PDR on continued design innovation and excellence within PDR’s own culture of design and design standards.
Once selected to join our team, you will:
- Guide your project teams in planning and creating and establishing design concepts and preparing for design presentations.
- Engage the client in programming and workplace design analysis to identify the project’s key issues and business objectives.
- Establish the major design concepts and image that meets the client’s objectives.
- Coordinate with the Partner, Project Manager, and/or Project Architect to identify the design scope, budget, and schedule.
- Guide the schematic Design and design development phases of the project. Coordinate with the Project Architect during the design development and engineering handoff phases. Actively participate in the construction document process.
- Mentor the project team and designers in developing the complete project design solution and maintaining a primary Design Concept.
- Establish the content for all Design presentations. Confirm that the design solutions being presented are appropriate with the project budget and schedule. Engage the client in the Design process and be responsible for the resolution of all design elements.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate as part of a team of professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 8-10 years of experience
- Professional License strongly preferred
- LEED-CI and/or WELL Building accredited is a plus
- Must have integrity, fortitude, and credibility complimented by a bias for action with a strong sense of accountability
- Must be a team player and have the ability to collaborate and work well with colleagues in accordance with PDR’s workplace RESPECT policy and our Core Values
- Must have strong leadership skills that motivate and inspire teams
- Must be able to develop and grow skillsets of team members and exhibit a mentoring and coaching mindset
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively convey a design strategy internally with a team and externally with clients
- Must be self-motivated, research-driven, disciplined, and have strong organizational skills
- Must be creative, seek out original ideas
- Must be curious, always push oneself and explore what is next
- Must be active in the external design community
Perks + Benefits
- Hybrid Work Model
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401(K)
- Professional development allowance
- Medical reimbursement allowance
- Wellness allowance
- Paid parking
- Weekly Happy Hours
- Volunteer opportunities
- Plus, more!
IF YOU ARE READY TO WORK HARD, LEARN A LOT, AND HAVE FUN DOING IT, HERE ARE THE NEXT STEPS!
- Submit your resume along with your portfolio if this sounds like the perfect role and team for you.
- Forward to a friend or colleague that you think would love to hear about this role.
- Learn more about us on our website + social media.
If your resume is selected, our HR team will reach out to you to set up an interview and next steps. Click the "Apply" button below to submit your resume.
PDR is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creates a diverse environment. All employment decisions at PDR are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. PDR encourages applicants of all ages. PDR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.