Location: Austin, Houston
WHO WE ARE:
We are a high-energy and high-performing team comprised of passionate, strategic, and creative individuals. Our team members collaborate daily on projects that impact thousands of people across the globe. Our work isn’t limited to a single desk or meeting room or even to a set discipline. Our unique culture encourages innovation and new approaches from all team members, and we reward our employees for their significant work.
Our workplace promotes employee development, mentorship, career growth, and work-life balance because we want our people to feel happier and healthier at the end of each day. We believe this is why PDR has been named for over 10 years! We are a strong team of architects, interior designers, workplace consultants, social scientists, artists, and problem solvers who come together to solve challenges for clients across the world.
WHAT WE DO:
PDR is the ultimate guide to navigating the evolution of how people engage and experience space. We see the multidimensional factors that impact how our clients operate and drive their businesses forward—looking far beyond a single design solution. Through our integrated Design + Architecture, Consulting, and Brand services, we create flexible and enduring solutions that continue to generate value over time.
Our approach comes from more than four decades of solving complex and novel challenges for organizations ranging from local startups to Fortune 100 companies. Human-centered and shaped by our design DNA, we walk alongside our clients to ensure every aspect of their project is addressed from strategy to space.
WHAT YOU’ll BE DOING:
As a Project Architect at PDR, you will work with our growing teams in a fast-paced, highly collaborative workplace design, architecture, and consulting firm. From day 1, you will be working in all aspects of design and interior architecture, with focused efforts in construction documentation, budgeting, consultant coordination, and contract administration. A Project Architect should demonstrate problem-solving abilities, foresight, and mature professional judgment as you will be a crucial advisor to clients and team members on design and architectural strategy and process.
Once selected to join our team, you will:
- Advise the design team on technical issues influencing design. Review the design solutions for code compliance.
- Develop the construction document scope, contents, and schedule through coordination with the Partner, Project Designer and/or Project Manager.
- Produce (with or without an additional documenting team) the full architectural construction document set. Documents to be prepared based on PDR Revit standards and processes.
- Coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators, spec writers, and regulatory agencies during documentation and construction.
- On larger-scale projects, lead a documentation team. Assign responsibilities, coordinate data, and details, review documents for consistency and accuracy.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate as part of a team.
- Lead teams through the creation of the full architectural construction document set.
- Lead, coach, and mentor teams through detailing complex design elements.
- Lead, coach, and mentor teams through contract administration.
- Lead the Contract Administration architectural role during construction. Resolve field conditions, administer change order documentation, attend construction coordination meetings, etc.
- Resolve field conditions and attend construction coordination meetings.
- Advise the client regarding changes in construction contract scope and impact on the schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect, Interior Designer, or working toward licensure.
- 7-10 years of experience.
- Revit proficiency is required.
- Experience designing for the human experience in corporate, hospitality, healthcare, brand, or higher education.
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills are essential.
- Must have integrity, fortitude, and credibility complimented by a bias for action with a strong sense of accountability
- Must be a team player and have the ability to collaborate and work well with colleagues in accordance with PDR’s workplace RESPECT policy and our Core Values
- Must have strong leadership skills that motivate and inspire teams
- Must be able to develop and grow the skillsets of team members and exhibit a mentoring and coaching mindset
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, research-driven, disciplined, and have strong organizational skills.
Perks + Benefits
- Hybrid Work Model
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401(K)
- Professional development allowance
- Medical reimbursement allowance
- Wellness allowance
- Paid parking
- Weekly Happy Hours
- Volunteer opportunities
- Plus, more!
IF YOU ARE READY TO WORK HARD, LEARN A LOT, AND HAVE FUN DOING IT, HERE ARE THE NEXT STEPS!
- Submit your resume along with your portfolio if this sounds like the perfect role and team for you.
- Forward to a friend or colleague that you think would love to hear about this role.
- Learn more about us on our website + social media.
If your resume is selected, our HR team will reach out to you to set up an interview and next steps. Click the "Apply" button below to submit your resume.
PDR is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creates a diverse environment. All employment decisions at PDR are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. PDR encourages applicants of all ages. PDR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.