Junior Interior Designer
WHO WE ARE:
We are a high energy and high-performance team comprised of passionate, strategic, and creative individuals. Our team members collaborate daily on projects that impact thousands of workers across the globe. Our work isn’t limited to a single desk or meeting room or even to a set discipline. Our unique culture encourages innovation and new approaches from all team members, and we reward our employees for their significant work.
We believe in employee development, mentoring, and coaching. Our workplace promotes career growth, work-life balance, and happy and healthy workers. We believe this is why PDR has been named Houston Chronicle’s Top Workplace for over 10 years! We are a strong team of architects, interior designers, workplace consultants, social scientists, artists, and problem solvers who come together to answer business problems for clients across the world.
WHAT WE DO:
PDR is the ultimate guide to navigating the future of work, workers, and workplace. We see the factors that shape the markets in which our clients operate. By understanding this future context, we create flexible and enduring consulting and design solutions that continue to generate value over time.
As partners with our clients, we have walked along side some of the largest organizations in the world on their journey to success. Through over 40 years of focus, we have worked on every aspect of the workplace cycle —from the highest-level strategy to the smallest construction detail.
WHAT YOU’ll BE DOING:
PDR is currently seeking an Interior Designer to work in our fast-paced, highly collaborative corporate interiors design firm. Individuals will work in all aspects of design – programming, space planning, material selections/specifications, architectural detailing, construction documents, furniture selection/specification, and construction administration. As an Interior Designer at PDR, you should demonstrate creativity, problem-solving abilities, and self-confidence in resolving and presenting design solutions with the project team and the client.
Once selected to join our team, you will:
- Work with your team and lead designer in planning, creating, and establishing design concepts and preparing for design presentations.
- Engage the client in programming and workplace design analysis to identify the project’s key issues and business objectives.
- Participate in the schematic design and design development phases of the project. Coordinate with the Project Architect during the design development and engineering handoff phases.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting Actively participate in the construction document process.
- Work with the team to establish the major design concepts and image that meets the client’s objectives.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager or Project Architect to identify the design scope, budget, and schedule.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate as part of a team of professionals.
- Collaborate with consultants, contractors, product representatives, fabricators, and other vendors to achieve project objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Strong design sense and ability – creative, seek out original ideas
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal skills, and ability to interface with clients and team members
- Strong conceptual and technical capabilities with attention to detail, experienced in construction documentation
- Self-motivated with a passion for design and architecture
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications – a plus!
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and other 3D modeling software
- Must be a team player and have the ability to collaborate and work well with colleagues in accordance with PDR’s workplace RESPECT policy and our Core Values
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.