Junior Architect (Technical Designer)
WHO WE ARE:
We are a high energy and high-performance team comprised of passionate, strategic, and creative individuals. Our team members collaborate daily on projects that impact thousands of workers across the globe. Our work isn’t limited to a single desk or meeting room or even to a set discipline. Our unique culture encourages innovation and new approaches from all team members, and we reward our employees for their significant work.
We believe in employee development, mentoring, and coaching. Our workplace promotes career growth, work-life balance, and happy and healthy workers. We believe this is why PDR has been named Houston Chronicle’s Top Workplace for over 10 years! We are a strong team of architects, interior designers, workplace consultants, social scientists, artists, and problem solvers who come together to answer business problems for clients across the world.
WHAT WE DO:
PDR is the ultimate guide to navigating the future of work, workers, and workplace. We see the factors that shape the markets in which our clients operate. By understanding this future context, we create flexible and enduring consulting and design solutions that continue to generate value over time.
As partners with our clients, we have walked along side some of the largest organizations in the world on their journey to success. Through over 40 years of focus, we have worked on every aspect of the workplace cycle —from the highest-level strategy to the smallest construction detail.
WHAT YOU’ll BE DOING:
PDR is currently seeking Junior Architects to join our team. The Junior Architect will support the Project Leads and team in designing and producing corporate workplace projects. They will be responsible for the production of construction documents along with the Project Architect.
Once selected to join our team, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the Project Leadership Team (i.e., Project Designer, Project Architect, Project Manager, and Principal in Charge).
- Work closely with the team to plan and produce design documents.
- Develop concept, schematic, design development, and full architectural construction drawings and documents Responsible for communication verbally or in writing with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control, and best practice standards.
- 1-5 years of experience in a design-oriented architecture role, emphasizing corporate workplace design & architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Proficient in Revit
- Strong design sense and ability
- Effective problem solving, interpersonal skills, and ability to interface with clients and team members.
- Self-motivated with a passion for design and architecture
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail are essential.
Perks + Benefits
- Unique Allowance Fringe Benefits
- Professional & Personal Wellbeing Allowance
- Paid parking
- Weekly Happy Hours
- Volunteer opportunities + Time
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401(K)
- Hybrid Working
- Plus, more!
IF YOU ARE READY TO WORK HARD, LEARN A LOT, AND HAVE FUN DOING IT, HERE ARE THE NEXT STEPS!
- Submit your resume along with your portfolio if this sounds like the perfect role and team for you.
- Forward to a friend or colleague that you think would love to hear about this role.
- Learn more about us on our website + social media.
If your resume is selected, our HR team will reach out to you to set up an interview and next steps. Click the "Apply" to apply and to submit your resume!
PDR is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creates a diverse environment. All employment decisions at PDR are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.