WHO WE ARE:
We are a high energy and high-performance team comprised of passionate, strategic, and creative individuals. Our team members collaborate daily on projects that impact thousands of workers across the globe. Our work isn’t limited to a single desk or meeting room or even to a set discipline. Our unique culture encourages innovation and new approaches from all team members, and we reward our employees for their significant work.
We believe in employee development, mentoring, and coaching. Our workplace promotes career growth, work-life balance, and happy and healthy workers. We believe this is why PDR has been named Houston Chronicle’s Top Workplace for over 10 years! We are a strong team of architects, interior designers, workplace consultants, social scientists, artists, and problem solvers who come together to answer business problems for clients across the world.
WHAT WE DO:
PDR is the ultimate guide to navigating the future of work, workers, and workplace. We see the factors that shape the markets in which our clients operate. By understanding this future context, we create flexible and enduring consulting and design solutions that continue to generate value over time.
As partners with our clients, we have walked along side some of the largest organizations in the world on their journey to success. Through over 40 years of focus, we have worked on every aspect of the workplace cycle —from the highest-level strategy to the smallest construction detail.
WHAT YOU’ll BE DOING:
As an Information Technology Specialist, you will provide technical assistance and support for computer systems, hardware, and software. In your critical role, you will be responding to help desk support questions, ensuring our PDR team has all technology resources and knowledge to stay productive and effective while performing their work. In this IT solutions-focused role, you will complete and manage diagnostic programs, work to isolate problems, and then determine and implement the best solution. As a PDR’s Business Operations IT department member, you will become an internal consultant and resource to our number one asset, our people! You will be a translator of the IT language while showing your ability to share and speak professionally to our stakeholders to resolve a wide range of issues that arise with our technology.
Once selected to join our team, you will:
- Provide hardware and software technical support.
- Perform problem-solving of complex problems efficiently.
- Provide end-user training as needed, including creating and keeping solution guides and documentation current.
- Troubleshoot technology problems including laptops, software, phones, and printers.
- Provide timely customer support across many different topics.
- Conduct hardware and software inventory and reporting.
- Perform other responsibilities as they arise.
As an IT Specialist at PDR, you are:
- Dependable and can always be counted on to not to give up until a tangible solution is found!
- Highly creative and can see the bigger picture and potential cause and effects when finding the best IT solutions.
- A problem-solver who loves and welcomes the challenges that come their way through the day.
- A collaborator who can work harmoniously in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple moving priorities at once.
- A strong communicator
- A Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Experience with Windows 11 and O365 required.
- Knowledge of basic networking, DNS, DHCP, LAN / WAN.
- Must have strong customer service skills and be a self-starter.
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Be able to work well in a team environment with other IT professionals.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
Perks + Benefits
- Unique Allowance Benefits (We would love to tell you more about these perks!)
- Paid parking
- Weekly Happy Hours
- Volunteer opportunities + Time
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401(K)
- Hybrid Working
- Plus, more!
IF YOU ARE READY TO WORK HARD, LEARN A LOT, AND HAVE FUN DOING IT, HERE ARE THE NEXT STEPS!
- Submit your resume along with your portfolio if this sounds like the perfect role and team for you.
- Forward to a friend or colleague that you think would love to hear about this role.
- Learn more about us on our website + social media.
If your resume is selected, our HR team will reach out to you to set up an interview and next steps. Click the "Apply" to apply and to submit your resume!
PDR is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creates a diverse environment. All employment decisions at PDR are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.