Business Development Manager
WHO WE ARE:
We are a high energy and high-performance team comprised of passionate, strategic, and creative individuals. Our team members collaborate daily on projects that impact thousands of workers across the globe. Our work isn’t limited to a single desk or meeting room or even to a set discipline. Our unique culture encourages innovation and new approaches from all team members, and we reward our employees for their significant work.
We believe in employee development, mentoring, and coaching. Our workplace promotes career growth, work-life balance, and happy and healthy workers. We believe this is why PDR has been named Houston Chronicle’s Top Workplace for over 10 years! We are a strong team of architects, interior designers, workplace consultants, social scientists, artists, and problem solvers who come together to answer business problems for clients across the world.
WHAT WE DO:
PDR is the ultimate guide to navigating the future of work, workers, and workplace. We see the factors that shape the markets in which our clients operate. By understanding this future context, we create flexible and enduring consulting and design solutions that continue to generate value over time.
As partners with our clients, we have walked along side some of the largest organizations in the world on their journey to success. Through over 40 years of focus, we have worked on every aspect of the workplace cycle —from the highest-level strategy to the smallest construction detail.
WHAT YOU’ll BE DOING:
As the Business Development Manager for PDR’s Austin Regional Office, you will play a key role in continuing to grow and nurture our Austin and surrounding area networks and reach by creating and maintaining client relationships, executing our marketing and BD strategies and assisting in sales opportunities. Working under the direction of the Business Development Director and closely with our regional leadership, you will be integral part of our Austin team’s success.
Once selected to join our team, you will:
- Conduct Austin market analysis to help inform leaders and yearly BD planning and targeted client lists.
- Develop new end user and industry relationships and identify opportunities in key service areas, establishing, and building a base of company contacts within those organizations.
- Develop and generate qualified leads through networking events, one on one meetings, and group presentations.
- Collaborate with our Business Development Director in developing market strategy, regional business development events, thought leadership opportunities (speaking or written), and other community engagement events.
- Coordinate and maintain the information in the firm’s CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics – AEC 360) to inform reporting for a comprehensive overview of business development and marketing activities. Including monthly pipeline reporting and win/loss hit rate ratios to determine corrective actions for future success.
- Work closely with our marketing team to prepare and deliver qualifications and proposal documents.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Practice Leads in the preparation of materials for business development introductions and relationship building.
- Collaborate with pursuit champion, and team, on proposal responses and interview preparation to enhance deliverables.
As a Business Development Manager at PDR, you are:
- Relationship builder
- Problem solver
- Great communicator + listener
- Team Player
- Able to multitask and manage priorities.
- Determined (or relentless, but respectful!)
- Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design (Marketing and/or Business Degree)
- 5-7 yrs. years of experience in sales or new business development in the AEC industry, preferably in Commercial Office Interiors.
- CRM experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business development core competencies, and has an understanding of relevant services, processes, systems, and procedures of design/consulting projects.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Excellent follow-through and team collaboration.
Perks + Benefits
- Unique Allowance Fringe Benefits
- Professional & Personal Wellbeing Allowance
- Paid parking
- Weekly Happy Hours
- Volunteer opportunities + Time
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401(K)
- Hybrid Working
- Plus, more!
IF YOU ARE READY TO WORK HARD, LEARN A LOT, AND HAVE FUN DOING IT, HERE ARE THE NEXT STEPS!
- Submit your resume along with your portfolio if this sounds like the perfect role and team for you.
- Forward to a friend or colleague that you think would love to hear about this role.
- Learn more about us on our website + social media.
If your resume is selected, our HR team will reach out to you to set up an interview and next steps. Click the "Apply" to apply and to submit your resume!
PDR is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creates a diverse environment. All employment decisions at PDR are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.